Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Plant Only a Marblin' Mama Could Love!

I used to have many many plants when I was younger. My dad loved gardening, especially when my parents moved to Florida and he grew orchids and would take walks and carry his little nail scissors around (we all knew what he used that for!)

After moving around in my twenties, thirties and forties each move I would either kill my remaining plants or give them to a deserving home. When I lived in Greenpoint Brooklyn I had a studio in the Navy yard with an incredible amount of windows. I decided to purchase a few aloe plants and three years later I could have populated the whole building with huge aloe plants. Actually I was alittle sad about leaving them, but what I did take with me was weird only plants~cactus, pachypodium, succulents~drought resistant, strange looking and hardy! The plants I have now have been with me for 20 years. Actually some may be fossilized because they are such slow growers.  Only occasionally am I seduced enough to buy a plant and take it home.

Well I found an incredible plant that must have lost it's way from the Amazon Rain Forest! Home Depot of all places, this amazing carniverous plant called out to me, "Mommy mommy, I'm weird enough to be part of your household.

1 comment:

  1. oooooooh,,,,how different. I love "out of the box" items and this is....
    Thanks so much for posting about something that is different....
    Diana

    ReplyDelete