Friday, April 26, 2013

How My Hand Marbled Feathers Relate to My Japanese and Western Papermaking

I sometimes use my handmade Japanese paper as a background to showcase my hand marbled feathers. Yes, I guess it can be a bit distracting, but also visually I enjoy the fact that both together show the same sensibility.

The next pictures show my self-folding stationary. It too is double sided, one side Japanese paper and the other side is sized Western paper. This piece folds into an envelope shape so that you have to seal the little tab on the front side and don't  need a separate envelope. I am hoping this summer, not only will I have my metal type shop up and running, but I will be able to make paper, marble paper and create marbled parrot feathers.
double sided Japanese~Western stationary self folding envelope

The inside and outside is sized. The fiber I use is Kozo and 100% cotton

In the background are the note cards I make. Double sided, painted with luminescent paint colors

Folded into envelope shape, ready to be addressed

You can see how it folds

No comments:

Post a Comment