Sunday, January 13, 2013

From Marbled Feathers to Baseball


I have been reading books on tape for 25 years. This way of ingesting books has been a life saver for me. I grew up practically living in the library, but as life became more complicated I couldn't sit in a chair (anywhere) and read. When I discovered books on tape, I could read and not be tied to a chair. This opened a whole new world of sanity for me. My beloved books and the ability to read while working with my hands.

I started a Grisham book called Calico Joe which is all about baseball and a particular fictional player that existed in the 1970's. Grisham uses the real names of all the surrounding characters involved in baseball~announcers, Cubs, White Sox, Mets etc. I suddenly realized that my dad loved listening or watching the ballgames whenever he could (or was allowed). I remember that he would take my sister and I to Kaminsky park when he could, but he must have watched and listened to the games quite often.

He worked 6-1/2 days a week, he was such a gentle and quiet person. He died at the age of 59. I am always so incredibly grateful when I have a memory pop up about how much our father included us  whenever he could. A beautifiul and warm memory!

Today I am listing more of my marbled feathers. www.QuillnAros.etsy.com/ and also I will show you some of the natural parrot feathers that I am including as companionable feathers for a set.
Please visit on facebook and friend me http://facebook.com/QuillnAros . I would love to hear from you!

I am have a problem uploading photos right now~so I am off to find out what the heck is going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment